Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Mommy Finds: Richell Snack Cup and Kuku Soft Drink (or beverage) Holder

Living in an era of innovation and creativity, I cannot help but thank the brilliant people who think not only of the children but their parents, too. I am amazed by the number of products available out there that makes parents' lives a little easier. 

In our present status, a single-income family, being practical and wise in our spending is non-negotiable. It's not always easy, and honestly, I sometimes go beyond the budget just because I found a product interesting, especially when it's for the kiddo.

Two months ago, my college friends and I met up to check out the Mommy Mundo Clearance Sale in Pasig and used the occasion to catch up with each other. Other than the conversations on motherhood and married life, I took pleasure in the sharing of wisdom and advice we got from each other, especially the practical discussions we had such as brands and products we use.

One of my mommy friends recommended two products for toddlers like my little boy. She has an adorable daughter just two months older than Noah. And like me, she's a very practical spender when it comes to her little girl. What I discovered from her were the snack keeper and the beverage holder. She mentioned some brands and explained the use of the products.

A few weeks later, I found myself in Rustan's checking out these two products. The brands she mentioned were there, but I found a cheaper brand for the snack keeper. While the beverage holder was a little beyond what we can afford. We also felt it was not needed at that time. Needless to say, we got the snack keeper or snack cup.

Richell Snack Cup

My friend suggested I look for one that has a cover. And I found this. This is the Richell Snack Cup

Richell Snack Cup, with its cover. Inside is my son's favorite Bread Sticks by Monde
What to do with a snack keeper/cup?

It is used to, obviously, keep snacks for toddlers, like cereals, biscuits and cookies. So how is it better than other snack containers? You can let your toddler hold on to the cup confident that he will not spill the contents and waste food. 

We know toddlers, and even preschool kids, can be very careless and clumsy when it comes to eating. Give them a pack of biscuits, they sometimes end up throwing out all the pieces. Or sometimes, they get too much and end up wasting the food. The snack cup will become your BFF because it prevents the waste of food and the mess.

The snack cup has a soft lid that has slits to enable your child to get the snack one or two pieces at a time and avoid spilling the contents. My son carries the cup with him while he walks and snacks. When your child does not want the snack anymore, you can just cover the cup. It seals perfectly!

I tried to search for more information before writing this review. I found out that it is also sold online. I forgot how much I paid for it, but you can check out it's price from Youji & Me.
Soft inner lid with slits
We like the Richell Snack Cup because:
1. It is cheaper compared to the other brands we looked at.
2. The lid where you insert your hand is soft enough for a child.
3. Keeps the contents from spilling, even most of the crumbs, because of the soft lid.
4. The lid prevents the contents from losing crispness.
5. Easy to clean. Just use whatever you use with your child's eating utensils.

Richell is made in China but I think also for Japan, based from what I searched online.

Kuku Soft Drink Holder

Noah likes to drink milk and juice from tetra packs. They are also easier to carry when on the go. The problem is, he also like to squeeze the carton. So some of the liquid spills, and messes up a lot of things. And I do not like that.

Thus, the very helpful beverage holder. 

I usually go to a favorite store of mine in Market! Market! called Kuku Duckbill. It's a haven for parents. We bought several products from that store already since Noah's birth: bath tub, sling carrier, cloth diapers, sando, and so much more. I was looking for a microwaveable food container when I saw their beverage holder.

Here is what they call the Kuku Soft Drink Holder. I do not think it should be called such though, I do not let my son drink soft drinks (sodas) yet! But maybe they mean something else by soft. Haha. So, here is the little boy using it with a tetra pack of juice.



The holder may be folded for easy packing. The holder can also be extended depending on the size of the drink.


When folded
smallest size

widest/largest size
 We've tried it with the fresh milk tetra packs and juice tetra box. As you can see the shapes and sizes differ but it works for most beverage cartons.
Noah using the holder for his milk when we ate out
It's only been a few weeks since we started using it, but we like it already. I was able to convince a mommy friend of mine to get for her two toddlers. By the way, it is way cheaper than the brands I saw in Rustan's. According to what I researched, Kuku Duckbill is made in Taiwan. 

We like the Kuku Duckbill Soft Drink Holder because:
1. It's cheap.
2. It's easy to pack.
3. You can use it with drinks of different sizes and shapes.
4. It prevents spilling.
5. It's easy to use since there are handles.
6. It's easy to clean. Again, we use the same dishwashing liquid as Noah's utensils.

These inventions are amazing and brilliant! It always helps to stop and think, compare and search before immediately buying something.

Here's to more discoveries in the journey of parenting.

Richell Snack Cup
Rustan's Makati 
(Children's Section)
Youji & Me

Kuku Duckbill Soft Drink Holder
Kuku Duckbill, 
3rd Level, Market! Market!

No comments:

Post a Comment