Monday, October 5, 2015

Family Time at Splash Suites Tagaytay

A week ago, hubby celebrated his birthday and we wanted to take a break from the busy month of September. Perfect timing because of the long weekend. I rushed to research a staycation place here in the Metro with a very limited budget but would still give us a good amount of rest and relaxation. We found ourselves considering Tagaytay, though we knew we felt that due to the sudden long weekend, a good number of people would probably schedule a trip there, too.

I tried Agoda and my ever reliable, Deal Grocer, and I found the place Splash Suites Tagaytay. The amount we paid, was a little above our budget. Comparing it with my other options, we preferred this. Honestly, there were no reviews about it. I only based my decision through photos I found online. So surprise, here was our weekend experience...


Splash Suites Tagaytay is from the same owners of Splash Mountain in Los Banos, Laguna. They only opened last March. I think, that explains why there weren't any reviews about this place yet. Hopefully my our experience here would encourage others to try it out. Needless to say, we found our stay quite pleasant.


When I called to make reservations, I found out they were also giving a P1000 off discount for accommodations. Deal Grocer still offered a cheaper rate. And obviously, I chose to pay through Deal Grocer.


We made reservations for Friday to Saturday. I sent a text Friday an hour before check in that we will arrive later than check in time. When we arrived, we were accommodated immediately. Approaching the front desk, Joyce, the person in-charge, warm and friendly, addressed me by my name. Nice personal touch! This was also probably because, and to my delight, there were only a few checked in. The check in procedure was simple and quick. You have to make a P500 deposit for the key. They only provide guests with one key per room. Wish they could provide two keys in the future.



The front desk, with the shy, Joyce



Room 306: Our room
We got their Deluxe Room. It has two double beds. One for me and for the little boy, and the other for the big boy. Hubby was sick so we left him on his own. We also wouldn't fit in one bed anyway. I was told that we were given the only Deluxe Room with a balcony. Awesome! Plus points for that.


The two boys getting a feel of the room... It is spacious, by the way.
The room has a mini bar, a ref, and complimentary bottled water, pretty much what you usually get from a decent hotel.

The bathroom was also spacious. You can dance inside. Comes with bath soap, shampoo and conditioner (though obviously used already since the bottles were half filled) and dental kit. I forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste so it was good that they had provisions for that.
The shower area




The toilet: they placed a bidet! Check!

After exploring our room, I decided to check out the rest of the place. I went outside and went around. This is what I saw.
View from the terrace or veranda
Great and marvelous are you, Lord, for this glorious creation of yours! For a moment, I felt calm, relaxed, and I wanted to cry. It has been a while since I last experienced being in this state. With the busy life of a stay-at-home mom and being an active member of our Catholic community, this was a rare moment for me. I left the little boy with his dad, by the way, that's why I had some me-time.
3rd level: Event place; 2nd level: Lobby; 1st level: dining area;
garden area for relaxing and watching the clouds and stars
Splash Suites also markets itself as a venue for events, such as weddings, debut, conferences, and the like. The terrace/veranda is where wedding ceremonies may take place. I think, the daughter of the owner was the first wedding held there.

My little boy and I tried to go for a swim at around 4PM. By that time, there weren't people around. The water was so cold. We tried to wade for a while but ended up staying by the stairs of the pool. Noah enjoyed splish splashing the water with me, while taking photos in between.

The pool viewed from the building where our room was located
Behind us is an area for hanging out or maybe a events venue place

There are comfort rooms and a shower room for those who wish to swim. The view from the pool area is magnificent. Noah and I had fun taking photos. I introduced the Taal Volcano to him.


The swimming pool
We decided to have dinner there since hubby wasn't feeling well. Splash Suites Tagaytay is located a little far from the busy area of Tagaytay. By the way, another reason we chose Splash Suites Tagaytay is because of that, we were far from the crowd and noise. For reference, it is near Breakfast at Antonio's and Splendido.

Before dinner, we explored the front area of the place and the lobby. The weather that evening was perfect. It seems they only turn on the fountain when there's someone checking it out. Maybe when there are more people checked in they will leave it on.


There is ample parking space for the guests. I read that they have 25 rooms. I think there are still parking spaces outside. They have a gate and the whole place is enclosed so it feels pretty safe.

Parking area, fountain, and entrance
The lobby: huge area for people for lounging
Dinner time. We ordered their Potato Soup (I think), Rosemary Chicken and Pesto Pasta (sorry I forgot to take note of the actual names). We were also given apple slices compliments of the chef. Their food is delicious. We like how the pasta was cooked, al dente, the pesto sauce was not oily. The rosemary chicken was good, just that it was overcooked which left the meat a bit too hard to slice and chew. The soup was a bit salty but hubby still finished it. Noah, enjoyed the pasta and the apples. First time, he almost finished the apples.
Rosemary Chicken
Pesto Pasta

The deal comes with free breakfast set. I got the beef tapa that came with garlic rice and egg. Hubby got their corned beef that came with pancakes and eggs. The waiter suggested that we get pancakes for side instead of garlic rice, then just get an extra order of garlic rice, which he said was cheaper. Plus points again for the good recommendation by the waiter. The tapa and corned beef were both good. Pancakes, not so. But Noah still enjoyed eating it. We didn't take photos of our meal, unfortunately.

Checking out was also a breeze. The front desk staff, Joy, was equally pleasant as the other one, Joyce.


We achieved our goal for that weekend. It was a good time rest, relaxation, and family bonding. It also provided the hubby a time to catch up on his rest. Another memorable experience added to my journey.



Rested, relaxed faces after our stay in Splash Suites Tagaytay

Splash Suites Tagaytay
Bagong Tubig, Tagaytay City
0908-8121401
0917-5680673
02 889-7140/6752





No comments:

Post a Comment